South Bend Indoor Air Quality Services
Experienced HVAC Specialists Serving Michiana
Many people assume that when you live where it is often cold, this must necessarily mean that the air is clean and pure. While the chilly air you breathe in Michiana may be fresh so long as you are outside, however, the reality is that this rule does not apply inside your home, no matter how low the temperature is. In fact, the extreme weather conditions that develop around the Great Lakes, from icy blizzards to howling winds, bring all sorts of debris into your home. Dust, allergens, dirt, and other outdoor particles mingle with human dead skin cells, pet dander, cleaning chemicals, and other indoor contaminants.
When all of these are mixed together, your air quality drastically decreases, leading to all kinds of illnesses and allergies. For a superior solution for all your South Bend indoor air quality services, rely on our friendly Great Lakes Heating & Air Conditioning team.
- Air purifiers
- Electronic air cleaners
- Air furnace filters
- Whole home filters
- Whole home dehumidifiers
- Whole home humidifiers
]Contact us now at (574) 498-7556 and our team can immediately set up a free proposal to help you get started on purifying the air in your home.
The Adverse Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality
People often assume that allergies start up in spring when more pollen is spread. However, if you seem to be suffering from allergies all year round, this is an indication that there is something worse going on – indoor pollution. When contaminants are trapped inside your home with nowhere to go, they inevitably lead to major health issues.
Just some of the problems which are linked to poor air quality include:
- Increased allergies
- Coughing, sneezing, runny or stuffed noses
- Mucus and sore throats
- Itchy skin, ears, eyes, and noses
- Chapped lips
- Difficulty breathing
- Lung issues
- Lack of blood circulation
Keep your lungs clean! Change your HVAC filter regularly.
Ways of Improving Air Quality in Michiana
The good news is that even though these health issues can be quite damaging, our knowledgeable team is experienced in creating excellent solutions for solving your air quality problems.
Some of the most effective methods of improving the air in your home include:
- Cleaned filtration systems – Filters are the first line of defense in your HVAC system. They prevent particles from not only entering your ductwork and the rooms of your home but also from compiling on your coils. Having clean filters will result in a healthier HVAC system and lifestyle at home.
- Humidity control – Air that is too dry or humid can be detrimental to your health and the efficient operation of your system. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re striking the right balance, keeping your air dry enough to deter biological growth but humid enough to keep contaminants airborne. We can install systems that perfectly control these levels in your home every season of the year.
Relying on Our Professional Team
When you call on Great Lakes Heating and Air Conditioning to address a plethora of indoor air quality issues, you’re counting on a solution that will both fix your problems and prevent new ones from appearing. Great Lakes’ licensed and certified HVAC experts are committed to keeping your home healthy and has a wide array of solutions and products designed to meet your home’s unique air quality needs.