Whether your lights are flickering, your heater is making weird noises, or your air conditioner is no longer capable of keeping your home cool, you need a licensed and experienced professional to help you get your home back in order. At Great Lakes Heating & Air Conditioning, we provide a full range of services that ensure your home is always safe, healthy, and comfortable. As a family-owned and operated business, we have been providing honest, high-quality services since 1957, and we take pride in the quality work and compassionate service we provide to all of our customers in Mishawaka and beyond.
Check out our:
Your Neighborhood Electrician in Mishawaka
Projects involving electricity should always be left to highly-trained, licensed professionals for the safety of you and your home. If you have an electrical repair or installation project you need completed, our Mishawaka electricians are ready to help.
We provide a full range of quality electrical services, including:
- Ceiling fan installations
- Outlet installation
- Electrical panel upgrades
- Indoor and outdoor lighting
- And much more
All services are completed to compliance with local and national codes and are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you have an electrical emergency, such as burning smells coming from your outlets or a complete loss of power, give us a call to request a same-day appointment.
Mishawaka Water Heater & Water Filtration Services
Has your water heater suddenly quit on you? Are you interested in installing a water filtration system to improve the quality of your water? When you need a water heater repair, water heater installation, or water quality assessment in Mishawaka, make your first call to Great Lakes Heating & Air Conditioning. We're available 24/7—give us a call now!
Mishawaka Heating & Air Conditioning Repair
Our Mishawaka HVAC team is NATE-certified, expertly trained, and fully equipped with quality tools and materials for every service need. If your heating or air conditioning system isn't keeping you comfortable, call Great Lakes to schedule an appointment. Our diagnostic experts can pinpoint the exact cause of the problem and recommend the solution that's best for your situation. While we always strive to make repairs wherever we can, we'll provide new installation options in cases where an air conditioning or heating system replacement will be more cost effective.
In addition to our expert HVAC repair and installation services, we also offer a selection of indoor air quality services to help keep the air in your home clean and comfortable. Be sure to ask about duct cleaning, air purification systems, electronic air cleaners, and humidification control systems when you make your appointment!
Improve Indoor Air Quality with Great Lakes HVAC Services
Did you know that the air inside your home can be up to 5 times more polluted than the air outside? Poor indoor air quality can lead to a range of health issues, including allergies, asthma, and respiratory problems. At Great Lakes Heating And Air Conditioning, we offer a range of HVAC services in Mishawaka to help improve the air quality in your home.
Our experienced technicians can provide the following services:
- Air Duct Cleaning: Over time, dust, dirt, and allergens can accumulate in your air ducts, reducing the air quality in your home. Our professionals use advanced equipment to thoroughly clean your air ducts, removing contaminants and improving the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Air Purification Systems: We offer a variety of air purification systems that can effectively remove pollutants, allergens, and odors from your indoor air. These systems use advanced filtration technology to provide clean and fresh air throughout your home.
- Humidifier Installation: Dry indoor air can cause discomfort and health issues, especially during the winter months. Our team can install a whole-house humidifier that adds moisture to the air, improving your indoor air quality and overall comfort.
- UV Germicidal Lights: To eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold spores in your HVAC system, we can install UV germicidal lights. These lights emit ultraviolet radiation that kills or neutralizes these microorganisms, ensuring cleaner and healthier air in your home.
By investing in our HVAC services, you can enjoy cleaner and healthier indoor air, reduce allergy symptoms, and create a more comfortable living environment for you and your family. Contact Great Lakes Heating And Air Conditioning today to schedule an appointment and improve your indoor air quality.
Upgrade to a Smart Thermostat for Enhanced Comfort and Energy Savings
Are you tired of constantly adjusting your thermostat to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home? Upgrade to a smart thermostat and experience a new level of convenience and energy efficiency. At Great Lakes Heating And Air Conditioning, we offer smart thermostat installation services in Mishawaka to help you optimize your home's heating and cooling system.
Benefits of upgrading to a smart thermostat include:
- Remote access: Control your thermostat from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. Adjust the temperature even when you're away from home, ensuring that you always come back to a comfortable environment.
- Energy savings: Smart thermostats learn your heating and cooling preferences and automatically adjust the temperature to save energy when you're not at home. This can result in significant savings on your utility bills.
- Customized scheduling: Set personalized schedules to automatically adjust the temperature based on your daily routine. Wake up to a warm home in the morning and save energy while you're at work or asleep.
- Integration with smart home devices: Connect your smart thermostat with other smart home devices, such as voice assistants or home automation systems, for seamless control and enhanced comfort.
- Energy usage insights: Monitor your energy usage and receive reports on how your heating and cooling system is performing. Identify areas where you can further optimize energy efficiency.
Upgrade to a smart thermostat today and enjoy the benefits of enhanced comfort and energy savings in your Mishawaka home. Contact Great Lakes Heating And Air Conditioning for professional installation and guidance on selecting the right smart thermostat for your needs.
How much is a new furnace or Air Conditioner?Every home is different and our systems are custom designed to match your home. Sounds expensive, right? Well with our years of experience and efficiency combined with our massive buying power we are able to provide you with a true custom system at a cookie cutter price. Is a new system cheap? Not when compared to say a blanket to keep warm but for what we provide we believe we are not only the best but also the cheapest in town! You will find our customers agree. Check out our reviews here.
What sets you apart and why should we choose you over a “comparable” competitor?While there are many reasons you should choose Great Lakes, we believe the best way to sum that up is with an honest challenge- Call our office and see if you can get the home phone number for our owner. Then call our competitors and do the same. You will find our entire team from the owner down are here to serve you and are dedicated to ensure your happiness!
We are having trouble getting cool air upstairs in our two story home, what can I do to make the upstairs more comfortable?A comfortable main floor and a warm second floor is a common complaint with central air conditioning systems. This temperature variation is caused by the fact that cool air is heavy. Heavy air requires more effort to move, especially upwards. Your furnace fan has to work much harder to get the air up two stories. Additionally, cool air, unlike warm air, tends to fall, so that once you actually manage to get the air upstairs, it will naturally fall back to the first floor. Don’t despair, there are some things that you can do. Make sure your furnace fan is on the highest possible setting. Most furnaces installed today will have a multi-speed, direct drive fan motor. Have your service contractor check to make sure that the highest speed is being used for air conditioning. If your fan motor has belts and pulleys, check with your contractor about installing a larger pulley. Adjust the balancing on your ductwork to force as much cool air upstairs as possible. If your ductwork is accessible from your basement, and has dampers installed in each of the supply air runs, make sure the dampers for the upper floor are fully open. You can also close any dampers for rooms on the first floor that do not get much use, or are very small. Some examples may be a powder room, formal living or dining room. You should keep the dampers fully open for the kitchen and the main living or family area. If the ductwork is not accessible, or doesn’t have any dampers, don’t despair. You can balance the air flow by opening and closing the dampers in the supply air registers. If you cannot get a register closed, we have been told that covering the register with a telephone book works well. Don’t forget to re-balance the ductwork system when you switch over to heating. During the heating system you want most of the warm air delivered to the first floor, it will rise on its own to the second floor. Use fans to help move cooler air. Placing a large fan at the top of the stairway can help to draw the cooler air up. A ceiling fan installed on the second floor can also be a big improvement. Check the return air grills. Make sure they are clean. Consider installing “High Wall” return air grills on the second floor. High wall return air grills are installed near the ceiling, not near the floor. This enables the furnace to draw the warmest air from the top of the house back into the system. Your service contractor can give you more information and let you know if it is possible to install high wall grills on your system.